Programming for the upcoming season is in the following document: 2017-18 Season
The audition signup for 2017 is not open yet. An announcement will be sent later in the summer when the signup is opened.
- The following works are on the auditions for everyone.
- HOLST Planets: Mars, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn (only these movements)
- MAHLER Symphony No.6
- STRAUSS Don Quixote
- DUKAS Sorcerers Apprentice
- String excerpts as given. Divisi parts apply. Solo sections do not.
- Winds/Brass/Percussion entire parts please. It should be obvious that I won’t hear you play whole notes! Learn first or another part e.g. high or low horn.
- Full parts and scores are available from imslp.
- Recordings, including some very fine ones, are available on Youtube.
- My suggestion would be that you listen with score and part in hand first. Then start work. I would much rather hear parts played beautifully than a shotgun approach. Personally, I would begin my practice sooner rather than later.
- We have a new assistant conductor, Eszter Horvath, who some of you know and the rest will get to know in due time.
- If you have further questions please get in touch with me at janzen.henry.p _at_ gmail -dot- com