HHO Presents: From Creation to Rhapsody
Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall, 19 February 2017 at 3 PM
The Hart House Orchestra is celebrating its 40th anniversary and Canada’s sesquicentennial with its first concert in New York City. The planned program, with Canadian and American symphonic pieces to honor both countries, is complemented by Brahms Symphony No. 1. The Playbill details of the concert can be viewed here.
Reflecting the great diversity of the University of Toronto community, the orchestra knits together talented musicians across all disciplines and professions through the joy of performing challenging symphonic works in an ambitious program of four distinctive concerts annually. The orchestra’s ethos is captured well by “Music should be a live thing that communicates between live people, and in that way there is absolutely nothing like it” (Sir Simon Rattle).
- Hart House Orchestra, University of Toronto
- Henry Janzen, Conductor and Music Director
- Benjamin Smith, Piano
Venue & Ticketing Info
- Barber – Adagio for String Orchestra
- Glick – Suite Hebraique No.1
- Elizabeth Raum – Evolution (US Premiere)
- Gershwin – Rhapsody in Blue
- [ 20-minute intermission ]
- Brahms – Symphony No.1 in C minor
The program will run approximately two hours including one 20-minute intermission.
Please consider giving online to support this special opportunity for the orchestra!